Keyworth Tennis Club will carry out an annual risk assessment of the club facilities to identify potential hazards.
We will consider the results of the Risk Assessment at a Committee meeting, and implement appropriate actions to ensure that we maintain a safe environment for our members.
The risk assessment includes the following areas:
- Are the facilities and surrounding areas safe, free from obstacles, and suitable for the activity?
- Is the equipment fit and sound for activity and suitable for age and ability?
- Are performers appropriately attired for the activity?
- Do volunteers, staff, coaches and members have access to information relating to health and safety?
- Is the members register up to date with medical information and contact details?
- Can emergency vehicles access the facilities?
Keyworth Tennis Club is committed to ensuring the Health & Safety of our members and guests.
To support this aim, we have are committed to the following duties.
- Discuss Health & Safety matters as the first agenda item of all Committee meetings.
- Appoint a competent club member to take the lead on Health & Safety responsibilities.
- Undertake regular, recorded Risk Assessments of the club premises and activities undertaken by the club.
- As far as reasonably practical, create a safe environment by putting measures in place as identified by the Risk Assessment.
- Ensure that all accidents and injuries sustained during any club activity or whilst on the club premises are reported.
- Provide access to adequate first aid facilities at the tennis club