SAFEGUARDING IS EVERYONE’S RESPONSIBILITY - NOT RESPONDING TO A SAFEGUARDING CONCERN IS NOT AN OPTION.
Keyworth Tennis Club is committed to prioritising the well-being of all children and adults at risk, promoting safeguarding in our club at all times, including all programmes and events we run. This Policy aims to minimise risk, deliver a positive tennis experience for everyone, and respond appropriately to all safeguarding concerns.
Definition of Safeguarding:
- Safeguarding children involves protecting them from abuse and neglect, preventing the impairment of their health or development, and ensuring that they grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care.
- Safeguarding adults at risk involves protecting them from abuse or neglect, and empowering them to make their own choices, consulting them before taking action, wherever possible and safe to do so.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Our club’s management committee has overall accountability for this Policy and its implementation.
- Our club Welfare Officer is responsible for updating this Policy in line with legislative and club developments.
- All individuals involved in the club are responsible for reading and upholding the Policy and Code of Conduct.
Safe Recruitment Policy:
- We require a DBS check before a new coach is allowed to coach at the Club, [and every 3 years thereafter].
- All coaching staff are required to read our policies and code of conduct, and to discuss them with the Head Coach.
- All coaching staff are required to have an LTA Safeguarding module as part of their training.
- Any concerns regarding Safeguarding should be reported using our Safeguarding Reporting Procedure.
Breach of Policy:
- Breaches of this Policy may result in disciplinary action leading to possible dismissal and legal action.
- Where an appeal made following a safeguarding decision made by the club, an independent appeal body may be used.