Membership & Joining Information
PLTC offers a range of playing membership categories for adult and junior players, individuals and families, plus social membership.
The Membership Year
Each membership year runs from the 1st April to the 31st March.
New members can join at any point in the year. In September and January we reduce our membership fees on a prorata basis to reflect the remainder of the membership year.
Adult Tennis playing membership is thriving at PLTC. During busy time in order to prevent demand for courts becoming too high sometimes we need to close full playing membership to new members. When full membership is closed we encourage those wishing to join as a full playing member to first join as an Off-Peak Member and then contact us to join the waiting list.
All membership renewals must be made before the 1st April. Renewals are sent out on 1st March each year and any members who fail to renew by the start of April will be lapsed and deemed to have resigned. Lapsed members can join again as a new member at anytime but may have to join the waiting list for full playing membership at busy times of the year.
PLTC values all its members and we aim to retain as many as possible year on year. If you have any difficulty in renewing your membership (for whatever reason) please contact us and we can see where we can help.
Membership Open to All
Club membership is open to all and PLTC is committed to ensuring it remains open, accepting and accessible to all sections of society. To achieve this commitment PLTC considers and champions Equality, Diversity and Inclusion issues throughout all aspects of the organisation by welcoming diversity, accepting difference and challenging all forms of discrimination and unjust behaviour.
Membership Categories & Eligibility
PLTC has a range of membership packages and they all have different benefits. Click the link below to find out about our different packages available:
The club is run entirely on a voluntary basis and so depends on the energy and enthusiasm of its members. All members have a responsibility to contribute to running the club in some way, at some point. This, of course, does not have to be a major commitment and will depend on several factors, such as job or family situation and could take several forms – including a formal role on the committee, occasional volunteering, taking charge of a specific event or activity or lending technical expertise.
If you are the sort of person who likes ‘getting involved’, we will be pleased to hear from you. We welcome any help, as little or as much as you want to give. Contact us if you would like to see where you can get involved.
Membership to PLTC is now taken online!
- Click 'Membership' in the menu, scroll down to view our membership types and click 'Join Now'
- Currently each member (new or renewing) must go through the joining process seperately.
- All members under 13 must join with a parent/guardian. Parents with juniors under 13 must first register and join themselves through the website and then add their child's membership under their account.
- Juniors aged 13 or over can either register and join themselves or join under their parent's account the same way as an U13 member.
- If you are not able to join online please contact us.
- Anyone who uses the club’s facilities, plays social or team tennis must be a member – whether social or playing. Members may invite 'Guests' to use the club on up to 3 occasions per year. More information here.
- The membership year starts on 1st April
- Social members are only entitled to play tennis in designated social tournaments that includes social members or if they are a parrent/guardian of an U13 junior member they are allowed to play them. Social members do not have any court booking rights.
- All ages for membership categories are taken as at 1st April.
- Country membership is for those who permanently live at least 50 miles from the club.
- Children of members aged 4 or under may use the club and do not need to join as a member.
- Children 5 years or over who use the club must be a member (either playing or social).
- Read the 'Club Rules'. By joining the club, you and those you are joining, agree to abide by these rules.
- PLTC does not accept membership in any other form other than online. If you have difficulty joining online then please contact us.
- Once you have joined please keep your contact details up to date. All club communication (such as news updates and newsletters) is via email, social media, WhatsApp messages or through the club webpages.