Policy and Conditions
Members can hire the clubhouse for private functions, providing it does not interfere with the normal operation of the club or compromise members’ use of the facilities.
Any person who wishes to hire the clubhouse must be an adult member and have been a member for at least 1 month.
- Are permitted only if they involve tennis activity
- Can only take place on between Monday and Friday up to 5.00 pm (except on Bank Holidays) providing there are not any team matches, competitions, formal social tennis, clubhouse/grounds events or more than 2 courts already booked during the requested time.
- Must last no longer than 2 hours (including tennis activity)
- The cost of clubhouse hire is £30. This includes use of clubhouse, kitchen, changing rooms and two tennis courts. See additional costs below.
- A £50 deposit and all fees is to be paid in advance of any booking. The deposit will be refunded in full after inspection of the club and grounds has been completed. Any extra cleaning required and breakages will be deducted from the deposit.
- Party organisers are allowed to bring in food and drink required for the party.
Additional costs include:
- Coach Hire £30 per hour for up to 10 children, additional coaches are charged at £20 per hour maintaining a ratio of 1 coach to 10 children. All tennis equipment is included in coach fee.
- Tennis Equipment Hire (no coach supervision) £10. Racquets, balls and mini tennis equipment can be made available as requested. Lost/broken equipment will be deducted from the deposit.
- Ball machine hire – £8. Must be supervised at all times.
- Floodlights – £5 per hour. Operated using the floodlight coin box in the clubhouse
- These are permitted in ‘free slots’ only – see the club events calendar on website where such slots are shown, or alternatively check with the Committee
- Generally Monday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday evenings are available for hire
- No hiring’s are allowed on Friday evenings
- Evening event access is from 7.00 pm
- No decorations to be placed in clubhouse; no equipment to be erected in the grounds.
- No use of tennis courts are permitted (unless a formal tennis activity is included)
Adult Event Pricing
Evening (7.00 pm until midnight)
£60 plus a £50 deposit Fees must be payable in advance. The deposit will be refunded in full after inspection of the club and grounds has been completed. Any extra cleaning required and breakages will be deducted from the deposit.
Application & Approval
- Applications must be made to a member of the Committee via email, the application will we assesed and approved if it does not clash with other events.
The hirer is able to use the kitchen facilities, crockery, cutlery and the music equipment.
- On the night the bar has to be run by two members of the bar teams, if you have members at the party who are bar team members these people can run the bar. If this is not the case then you need to get any two members of the bar teams to agree to run the bar for you for the night.
- The new till must be used and operated only by those trained in its use.
- Existing drink stock must be used and no drink can be brought in, unless agreed in advance when a corkage fee of £5 per bottle will apply.
- Requests for particular stock items can be made in advance.
- The existing bar tariff must be used.
- No credit facilities for guests.
- No person under 18 is permitted behind the bar.
- Any breakages must be reported and replaced or repaired at the earliest opportunity.
- The licensing laws must be strictly observed in relation to closing time and no underage drinking of alcohol will be tolerated. NB – ‘closing time’ is 11.00 pm Sunday to Thursday, midnight on Friday and Saturday.
- The bar, kitchen toilets and clubhouse must be left in a clean and tidy state (at the latest by 10.00 am the following morning after evening events). After an evening event the club’s cleaner will be employed to clean the clubhouse.
- All recyclable materials go in black bins or large wheeled bin behind the bar. General rubbish must be placed in black bin bags. Black bags and loose recycling should be emptied into the Amber Waste Company bin at the top of the drive (needs to be unlocked by special tool in key box).
- The hirer should ensure that the capacity of the clubhouse is not breached – ie 80 people (reference fire regulations).
- The hirer is ultimately responsible for the behaviour of his or her guests, and responsible for the costs of any damage to the property, fixtures or equipment caused by those at the function. The hirer should make all present aware of the emergency escapes and procedures.
- Music volume should not be at a level that it can be heard at the road or by local residents.
- The hirer must ensure that the no smoking policy in the clubhouse and surrounds is observed.
- All using the club are asked to be considerate to the local community, especially when vacating the premises at night, when noise levels should be kept to a minimum.