Hiring The Clubhouse and Grounds
The grounds and the clubhouse at PLTC provide fantastic spaces for parties. In the winter hire is restricted to the clubhouse in the summer your event can include both the clubhouse the grounds and, if required, can centre around the new addition to the club, the outside bar.
At your event you can either bring in outside caterers or provide your own food, our fully equipped kitchen is available for you to use.
The hire of the club is not for 18th and 21st birthdays etc. and children’s parties must comply with the guidelines below.
Day Hire (2.00pm to 5.00pm) - £60
Evening Hire (7.00pm to 12.00pm) - £120
All Day (2.00pm to 12.00pm) - £180
Applications For Hire
Please email the committee with your date at [email protected]
To hire the club, you need to have been a Tennis or Social member of PLTC for at least 3 months.
We will consider your request making sure your party does not interfere with the normal operation of the club or compromise members’ use of the facilities.
Running The Bar
If you want to run the bar yourself, you need two people who have experience of running it for a reasonable period of time.
If you want a relaxed night (running the bar for 60 people over a 5-hour period is a lot of work) we will organise 2 bar staff for you at £10 per hour.
Existing drink stock must be used, i.e. no drink can be brought in unless agreed in advance with the committee. If you do bring in your own wine or fizz a corkage fee of £5 per bottle will apply.
The Hirer’s Responsibilities On The Night
- You must make sure we comply with our licensing rules i.e. no underage drinking, bar shuts in line with our closing time (12.00pm Friday and Saturday, 11.00pm all other days).
- You must report any breakages or issues to the committee once the party has finished.
- You need to obtain a clubhouse fob and a bar key to open up the clubhouse.
- You need to familiarise yourself with the Burglar Alarm so that you can unset it when you enter and set it when you leave.
- You need to familiarise yourself with the operation of the dishwasher and the glass washer.
- You must make sure only the nominated trained people or the hired bar staff work behind the bar.
- At 11.00pm all members of your party need to be in the clubhouse, all the windows and doors need to be closed, and the music volume is turned down to an acceptable level.
- You need to make sure smoking policy of the club is enforced.
- You must be the last person to leave the party.
- The kitchen must be cleared, any plates etc. you have used must be washed up and put away or the must be in the dishwasher with a wash cycle running.
- No food should be left in the kitchen or in the fridge, i.e. everything needs to be taken home.
- All glasses and bottles must be cleared up, the bottles need to be placed in a re-cycling bin and the glasses must be washed, washed dried and put away.
- You need to ensure that the capacity of the clubhouse is not breached – ie 80 people (reference fire regulations).
- You are ultimately responsible for the behaviour your guests, and responsible for the costs of any damage to the property, fixtures or equipment caused by those at the function.
- You should make all present aware of the emergency escapes and procedures.
- All using the club are asked to be considerate to the local community, especially when vacating the premises at night, when noise levels should be kept to a minimum.
- You need to switch of all lights, lock the bar, set the burglar alarm and make sure the door of the clubhouse and the gate into the grounds are locked.
Are permitted only if they involve tennis activity
Can only take place on between Monday and Friday up to 5.00 pm (except on Bank Holidays) providing there are not any team matches, competitions, formal social tennis, clubhouse/grounds events or more than 2 courts already booked during the requested time.
Must last no longer than 2 hours (including tennis activity)
Coach Hire £30 per hour for up to 10 children, additional coaches are charged at £20 per hour maintaining a ratio of 1 coach to 10 children. All tennis equipment is included in coach fee.
The club cannot be hired on a Friday night as this is the main social night of the week.
No decorations to be placed in clubhouse; no equipment to be erected in the grounds.
The tennis courts must not be used.