How to find us
Ashbourne Tennis Club
Adjacent to Peak Gateway Leisure Park
Our club welcomes new members of all ages from experienced players to beginners and rusty returners.
We currently offer online court bookings for singles and doubles play (with the same or a different household). We started a singles box league on Monday 25th May - a great way to meet and play other members of the club in a competitive, fun and safe way following all the Covid-19 guidelines.
Key changes to LTA guidance (from 1st June 2020): Club Covid-19 Return to Managed Play Guidelines v.2
1. Doubles can now be played with different households as long as players keep at least 2 metres apart as per social distancing, and also agree in advance who will go for shots in the centre of the court.
2. Players do not now need to use their own marked tennis balls but if you choose to share balls then extra care must be taken to avoid you don't touch your face during play and wash hands/use alcohol gel before and after play. Players should still avoid to pick up balls from other courts with their hands.
3. If someone who has played at our club develops symptoms of Covid-19 they should follow the Governments 'test and trace' guidelines.
4. Coaching in groups of no more than 6 (which includes the Coach) is now permitted (more information will follow from Matchpoint Management on this element)
5. A parent is now able to stay if child is playing/being coached
6. Use of communal rackets can now be done subject to thorough cleaning measures between use
7. Players must bring and use hand gel
8. 6 people can socialise in a group. Players must bring their own chairs.
Please note other club guidelines remain:
1. Social distancing at all times
2. All courts must be pre-booked
3. Leave the court ten minutes before the end of your booking time
4. Avoid chasing the ball down if it goes onto another court
5. Clubhouse and toilets remain closed
6. Do not use benches at the club
7. Floodlights should not be used
The club has introduced special membership rates for this year to reflect the limited tennis that is available.
Complete our membership form Membership Form 2020 and email to David Longworth our membership secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send your BACS membership payment to: Ashbourne Tennis Club
Account No: 51559968
Sort Code: 30-80-95
Reference: MEMB+ 'name'
We are also offering a special pay as you play promotional rate for new players to the club.
Once you are a member of the club and are registered on Club Spark you can your book courts via the online booking system
Whether you are looking to play league tennis or just wanting a friendly game with the family, why not come along and see what we are about. The club welcomes new members of all ages from experienced players to beginners and rusty returners.
If you are interested in match play we have teams which compete in the Derby League in the Summer and Winter.
We organise many social sessions, events and competitions purely for fun throughout the year, so that even our beginners can join in – check out our events and news pages for more information
Our comprehensive coaching programme for juniors and adults is run by Matchpoint Management – check out the coaching page for more information and booking.
We have free taster sessions available
Our weekly schedule is on the What We Offer tab
Junior Coaching Programme 5-6pm
Rusty Rackets 7-8pm
Social Tennis from 6pm
Wednesdays/Thursday afternoons (alternate):
Social Tennis from 1:30pm
Junior Coaching Programme 5-8pm
Rusty Rackets 8-9pm
Junior Coaching Programme 9am-1:30pm
Ladies Team Practice
Social Tennis from 10am (Winter) and 6pm (Summer)
Non-members, please come along to one of these sessions to find out more and give tennis a try.
As a member you are able to book courts via the Booking tab
We also offer:
For more information on what we offer contact Sally Longley, Club Secretary: email@example.com / 07787 118013
For all Coaching Enquiries contact Jen Lewis, Matchpoint Management Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org / 07971 009338