Please read information about coronavirus and our tennis club here:
Play takes place all year round. Our court usage, see bottom of page, shows the main scheduled activities on our courts throughout the year. Apart from these times, and events such as tournaments, the courts are available for general play. If there's a court free you and your visitors can play! Please see the membership page for more details on visitor fees.
Club social tennis
We meet at 6pm on Monday nights while daylight allows (April to September), and 10am on Sundays too. Everyone is welcome to come down and join in. Just show up on the day!
If you want to double check if anyone else is thinking of heading down on a Sunday, contact the club secretary to join the Sunday WhatsApp group, or drop me a text and I can tell you if it's on week by week.
Midweek mixed doubles
There is an email that goes out every Friday to arrange fours to play during the day the following week. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join this list.
Each year we host a club tournament in singles, doubles, mixed doubles and juniors.
Members are competing for our impressive and historic club trophies.
This year we introduced a new format, splitting the tournament into three one-day tournaments, spaced throughout the season.
We were lucky with the weather on all four days.
You can read about how they went here:
We'll be reflecting on whether the new format best suits the club, so if you have any thoughts please email them to email@example.com
We enter ladies, mens and mixed teams in the Sheffield and District LTA Leagues during the summer. In the winter we usually enter a team in a floodlit midweek mixed league and a Saturday mixed league.
Team captains are always looking for new talent. If you are interested in playing for a team please get in touch with the club secretary who can point you towards the appropriate captain firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer coaching for juniors, adults and individuals. Please see the coaching page for more details.
Club fitness training
Run by club members for club members, come down and join in some circuit training sessions at the courts. These take place from time to time on a Sunday.
All standards are welcome - the exercises can be adjusted to suit different levels of fitness. No rackets needed, just trainers.
Please contact email@example.com if you want to know when the next session is planned for.
These are the main activities on our courts throughout the year. Apart from these times, and events such as tournaments, the courts are available for general play. Adults have preference over juniors after 6:30pm.
- Monday evenings: Mixed social club tennis from 6pm, all welcome
- Tuesday evenings: Midweek mixed league matches on 2 courts some weeks, May to August, 6pm
- Wednesdays: Courts available for play
- Thursday evenings: Ladies league matches on 3 courts some weeks May to July, and just 2 courts July to September, all 6pm
- Friday after school: Junior coaching, see coaching page for details
- Saturday mornings: Courts available for play
- Saturday afternoons: Mens league matches on 3 courts some weeks April to July, and just 2 courts July to September, 2-630pm approx. Winter mixed league matches on 2 courts some weeks October to February, 1-4pm approx
- Sunday mornings: Mixed social club tennis from 10am, all welcome. And sometimes fitness training.