If and how we can play tennis involving several household groups, for example social or team tennis, is dependent on the latest LTA covid-19 guidance. As and when there are changes to these guidelines we will let our membership know.
In the absence of social tennis coordinated by the club, if you're stuck for people to play with, please email [email protected] and we'll do our best to find a match for you.
Mixed club social nights
Covid-restrictions allowing, the club aims to run a couple of social tennis sessions a week where any members can show up and play doubles with whoever else is there. Days and times and standards will be displayed here and circulated to members when this is possible again.
In 'normal' years we enjoy hosting club tournaments for men, women, mixed, singles, doubles and juniors. As well as some one-off events. Covid-19 made this impossible in 2020. As we form plans for 2021 we will publish them here and let our membership know.
League match tennis 2021
If you are interested to join please email [email protected] who will put you in touch with the captains.
SDLTA are running temporary leagues similar to the leagues that took place last year, in a 2 couple format. We have entered teams in the Mens', Womens' and Mixed Leagues.
We are keen to include as many players as we can so if you have never played in team matches this might give you an idea of what to expect.
- You need to be able to serve fairly consistently and make a few returns!
- Matches are sometimes at Home, down at our club, and otherwise Away at our opponents' clubs, in and around Sheffield. Full list of the other clubs in the league here.
- The team comprises 2 mixed pairs and will play 2 rubbers, i.e. 2 sets against each opposing pair. The match will generally last about two to two and a half hours
- You will need to bring your own refreshments, normally the home team provides tea and biscuits at the end of the match but I think, because of Covid, this won't happen
- The match fees are £3 per player
Our aim is to play some fun competitive tennis and if we manage to win a few matches all the better!
Using the floodlights
It is possible to play tennis in the evenings on Court 1 under the floodlights. The floodlights are turned on and off in the clubhouse. If you want to use the floodlights, please email the secretary for instructions of how to access the clubhouse and operate the lights. (It's simple!)