Merchiston Bowling Club
Welcome to Merchiston Bowling Club
Formed in 1892. We are a flat green bowling club located in the Polwarth/Merchiston district of Edinburgh. The club is made up of a men’s and a ladies’ section.
The men’s section
- The club has 2 teams (of 16) that compete in the Edinburgh Bowling League (EBL). Games are played on Wednesday evenings
- Bowl Scotland and Edinburgh top 10 fixtures
- Seniors compete in the RMBA and SESBA leagues on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons
- Internal competitions. These vary between weekend fun events and club honours knockout competitions
- The “jumbles” night is on Monday evening at 6:30pm. The emphasis is on fun. It’s a great way of getting to know fellow members and for practising the game. Everyone is welcome and if you are new to the game, we will be happy to provide bowls and shoes!
The ladies’ section
We celebrated our 2016 50th anniversary year in style by winning the league!
- Club day is Monday afternoon. A game followed by tea in the clubhouse
- We compete in the S E L B L and also Bowls Scotland, EWBA, E S W B A
- Meet socially on a Monday and Friday during the winter
- The clubhouse contains a bar and a big screen for BT Sport
- Saturday night get together. Bingo and dominoes are optional
- Monthly quiz nights and various other social events throughout the year
The green opening day is April 10th with Covid-19 restrictions in place. Please see Club>Club policies for details.