Due to social distancing regulations the following conditions apply to everyone using the club's courts.
Conditions of play at Rowntree Park Tennis Club from May 2020 until further notice
- Courts must be booked in advance and payment where applicable made online. Turn up and play on court 5 will no longer be permitted and courts must be booked in the same way as all other courts.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before leaving home to go to the court (or use an alcohol gel if washing hands is not possible)
See hand washing guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/public-information-campaign-focuses-on-handwashing
- Take hand sanitizer with you
- Take all your own equipment (do not share equipment such as rackets, balls, grips, hats and towels)
- Only take the minimum amount of equipment with you that you need to play
- Clean and wipe down your equipment, including racquets and water bottles before and after use
- Bring a full water bottle, and do not share food or drink with others
- Bring and use your own tennis balls that are clearly marked (e.g. with your initials).
- Avoid using public transport to get to the courts
- Arrive as close as possible to the time when you need to be there
- Allow others to leave before you enter the court - if you need to wait then do so away from the courts and clear of the gates
- Players should take care when entering court access numbers (wear a glove or a plastic bag over their hand).
- Avoid touching court fences and do not use the courtside benches.
- Avoid using your hands to pick up tennis balls that are not yours - use your racquet/foot to hit/kick them to your opponent or return them to another court
- Always stay at least two metres away from other players
- Stay on your side of court and avoid changing ends, or agree to change ends at opposite sides of the net
- Avoid chasing the ball down to another court if other players are using it
- If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve
- Avoid touching your face
- Do not try to adjust the net (the net winders have been removed)
- Ensure you leave the court before the end of your allotted time so that it is empty for the next players.
- Ensure you take all your belongings with you at the end of the session and do not leave anything on court
- Do not congregate after playing. No extra-curricular or social activity should take place
- Wash your hands as soon as is possible after play.