Sat, 01 May 2021 00:00
We announced at the beginning of this year that we were short of funds required to be able to complete the long awaited courts upgrate at Latika JTC. Since that time we have been overwhelmed by the lengths our members have gone in both initiaiting their own fundraising initiatives, as well as supporting those going to great lengths to raise the money needed to ensure we can get the much needed upgrade done.
Special thanks to the below members who raised the all important funds for us:
- Harrison Sweet and his parents Andy and Sian ran the distance from Wimbledon to Roland Garros in Paris. The total distance was 337k which they completed within two months. They raised £2,531.25 with gift aid and Andy's company donating £1000.
Then the efforts by the wonderful folks below raised an additonal £2981.48 including gift aid!
- Bethany Dark, club captain, cycled the distance from her home to Wimbledon TWICE after reaching her initial distance target very quickly. Amazing work Bethany and an a wonderful contribution to the fundraising goal.
- On 21st February Marko and Aleks Blanusa who are both very gifted musicians, held a virtual concert via YouTube. It was excellent and as a result our fund increased by a further £500. Congratulations Marko and Aleks – fantastic.
- Emily Legg ran and walked from her home to Latika every day during February (8km per day). Such a tough challenge and she made a significant contribution to the fundraising. Well done Emily.
- Head Coach Matt ran a raffle with 1st prize being 3 x 1hr individual lessons, won by our member Noah! Thank you Matt for so generously providing the raffle prizes!
Thank you so much to everyone who took part in fundraising efforts to help the club, as well as all the members and friends who donated. It means so much to the Club and everyone who uses the courts.