Maidenhead Lawn Tennis Club is one of the very few clubs that will admit beginners in both the Junior and Adult category. Beginners are encouraged to learn the game and to improve, with the help of our excellent coaching team, through discounted individual or group coaching sessions (see the coaching tab for more information).
- Access to 12 all-weather courts (including a mini-tennis zone for our young members)
- Free booking and free court time on all 12 all-weather courts, subject to availability
- Free lighting for our 6 floodlit all-weather courts
- Discount on the cost of coaching
- Free mix-in club sessions on different days for juniors/adults
- Many internal tournaments, open to all
- Team play in our teams in the Berkshire and national leagues (adult and junior), if you are of team standard
- Full and active social calendar
- Comfortable, low-priced bar
- Heated clubhouse with toilet, changing and shower facilities.
- Access to indoor courts at nearby Cox Green (court usage fees apply), by arrangement with RBWM/Cox Green Leisure Centre.
Further information on Junior and Adult membership can be found under the 'Juniors' and 'Adults' tabs at the top of the page.
Subscriptions and joining fees are set at the AGM and apply from the 1st April each year. The fees for 2023/2024 are:
|Young Adult (19-29)||£140||£75|
|Junior 18 & under||£100||£45|
|Junior 10 & under||£60||£0|
|Family Junior 18 & under||£60||£45|
|Family Junior 10 & under||£60||£0|
Family categories are for adults and juniors in a family.
Process to become a member:
- Fill out an Enquiry Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will then be sent information about the club and will be placed on a waiting list for an introductory session, if requested. We have a lot of applications, so please be patient if there is a delay in response to your enquiry.
NB. OUR ADULT/YOUNG ADULT MEMBERSHIPS ARE NOW FULL, places will become available in April 2024.
Places are currently available for Junior Membership.
- Attend an introductory session/trial club session. Adults - when a place becomes available the applicant will be contacted to attend an introductory session. This is a fun session on court, to gain a club player rating, followed by a short presentation by a committee member about the club and what membership includes. Juniors will be invited to a trial club session, which is the usual weekly club session that junior members attend during term time, to see if they would like to join the club. The junior club session is a fun session where juniors play games in groups under the direction of a coach - it is NOT a coaching session. Neither adult nor junior membership includes coaching.
- Join. After the introductory session/trial club session, the completed and signed application form should be sent to the Club Administrator and payment made by bank transfer, using the applicant’s full name as the reference. Payment must be received within 14 days of the introductory session/trial club session. Confirmation of membership will be given via email and applicants should please allow at least a week for their membership to be processed and confirmed.