Maidenhead Lawn Tennis Club is one of the very few clubs that will admit beginners in both the Junior and Adult category. Beginners are encouraged to learn the game and to improve, with the help of our excellent coaching team, through discounted individual or group coaching sessions (see the coaching tab for more information).
- Access to 12 all-weather courts (including a mini-tennis zone for our young members)
- Free booking and free court time on all 12 all-weather courts, subject to availability
- Free lighting for our 6 floodlit all-weather courts
- Discount on the cost of coaching
- Free mix-in club sessions on different days for juniors/adults
- Many internal tournaments, open to all
- Team play in our teams in the Berkshire and national leagues (adult and junior), if you are of team standard
- Full and active social calendar
- Comfortable, low-priced bar
- Heated clubhouse with toilet, changing and shower facilities.
- Access to indoor courts at nearby Cox Green (court usage fees apply), by arrangement with RBWM/Cox Green Leisure Centre.
Further information on Junior and Adult membership can be found under the 'Juniors' and 'Adults' tabs at the top of the page.
Subscriptions and joining fees are set at the AGM and apply from the 1st April each year. The fees for 2021/2022 are:
|Young Adult (19-29)||£134||£40|
|Junior 18 & under||£123||£40|
|Junior 10 & under||£93||£40|
|Junior 8 & under||£64||£0|
Family Discount: A family discount is available on the fees above, as follows:
one adult plus 2 juniors = £20
two adults plus 2 juniors = £40
additional juniors = £20 each
Early Renewal Payment discount: Membership renewal subscriptions paid before the 15th March each year entitle the existing member to a discount of: Adults: £20, Juniors/Young Adults: £10
Process to become a member:
- Fill out an Enquiry Form and email to [email protected] Applicants will then be sent information about the club and will be placed on a waiting list for an induction session, if requested.
NB. OUR ADULT/SENIOR/YOUNG ADULT MEMBERSHIPS ARE NOW FULL, places will become available April 2022. If you wish to be added to the waiting list for these membership categories please complete and return the enquiry form, using the link above.
Places are currently available for Junior Membership.
- Attend an induction session. When a place becomes available the applicant will be contacted to attend an induction session (a fee of £12 applies, to be paid on the night of the induction, free for Juniors aged 8 and under). The induction includes a fun session on court, to gain a club player rating, and a short presentation by a committee member about the club and what membership includes. The £12 fee is non-refundable, but is subtracted from the membership fee if the applicant joins within 14 days of the induction.
- Join. After the induction session, the completed application form should be sent to the Club Administrator and payment made by bank transfer, using the applicant’s full name as the reference. Confirmation of membership will be given via email and applicants should please allow at least a week for their membership to be processed and confirmed.