MLTC is open all year round and welcomes junior players of all ages and standards – from absolute beginners to hardened tournament players.
- 10 courts (including a minizone) - 6 courts have floodlights which can be used free of charge.
- 2 courts at Oaken Grove Park.
- Covered courts at Cox Green Leisure Centre (available to hire at a reduced cost).
- Heated clubhouse with shower/changing facilities, table tennis, table football.
- Access to the club court booking system to book own courts.
- Discounted individual or group coaching from LTA accredited coaches. Group coaching can be viewed and booked on line at https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/NMTCoachingServices/Coaching/Junior. Individual lessons can be booked via our Head Coach, Nigel Mann - email [email protected]
- Club sessions on Thursday/Friday evenings, term-time only, to meet and play with other juniors. These are group, coach led, fun sessions but are not tennis lessons. Nigel Mann, our Head Coach, will recommend the correct club session to attend at the induction session, when joining.
Thursday 4.45 - 6.00 pm Orange Ball (ages 8 - 10)
5.00 - 6.00 pm Red Ball (ages 4 - 8)
Friday 4.30 - 5.45 pm Yellow Ball (ages 11+)
5.45 - 7.00 pm Yellow Ball stay and play
- Club competitions, eg:
- Road to Wimbledon (May/June). Winners of the County Finals take part in the National Finals at Wimbledon itself.
- Annual Club Tournament. Runs throughout the summer, ending in the Club Finals Day on the first or second Sunday of September.
About 50 juniors participate in more advanced coaching and competition, called Club Futures. Club Futures has produced lots of excellent junior county and national players. Participation in the Club Futures programme is by invitation only. If you would like more information about this programme, please contact Nigel Mann, Head Coach, via email at [email protected]
The LTA recognises the superb quality of MLTC junior coaching and junior players and has designated MLTC as an LTA Performance Centre. This designation is awarded only to clubs that meet all the criteria for advanced junior coaching, supported by the LTA Talent Performance Managers and the LTA Regional Performance Coordinators.