General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force from 25 May 2018.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") and UK data protection laws, the controller is Prime Tennis Ltd.
How we collect your information
We may collect your personal data in a few limited ways, namely:
• Directly from you, when you fill in an application for a coaching course, when you make enquiries by email from our website, when you provide information via the Prime Tennis management website or when you interact with us during your time as a member in various other ways (for example, where you enter a competition, sign up for a course or lessons);
• From someone else who has applied for coaching on your behalf (eg a parent/guardian/family member who has provided us with your contact details for that purpose);
• From the LTA (for example, where the LTA passes on your details to us in connection with a complaint or query you have raised about our coaching).
The types of information we collect :
We may collect the following types of personal data about you:
• Contact and communications information, including your contact details (including email address(es), telephone numbers and postal address(es) and records of communications and interactions we have had with you);
• Certain other information which you volunteer when making bookings for coaching courses (for example, when booking online or by email.
We may also collect data about your health or medical conditions, where you have volunteered this, for example so that we can cater for you when you attend a coach related social event or a course/camp.
How we use personal data
Personal data provided to us will be used for the purposes set out at the time of collection and, where relevant, in accordance with any preferences you express. More generally, we will use your personal data for the following purposes:
• Administration of you or your child's coaching, including:
informing you about further coaching/related opportunities that would be suitable to you which is run by Prime Tennis at Pershore Tennis Centre.
• Fulfilment of orders for goods and services, including coaching, restringing and racket sales.
• Research and statistical analysis about who is receiving coaching by Prime Tennis at pershore Tennis Centre;
• Communication about Prime Tennis's services that we think may be of interest to you;
• Storing your details on the software platform we use for our online coaching management database system.
We will always respect your wishes in respect of what type of communications you want to receive from us and how you want to receive them. There are some communications, however, that we need to send you regardless of your marketing preferences in order for us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you as participant of our coaching services. Examples of these essential service communications are:
• Records of transactions, such as payment receipts or
• Payment renewal reminders for coaching courses enrolled.
Notices of meetings/match play opportunities and information about coaching products that are delivered at Pershore.
You are in control of how we communicate with you. You can update your choices and/or your contact details by contacting the Head Coach:
Steve Bauer on [email protected]
Sharing your information with others
Prime Tennis does not sell or share your personal data to other organisations to use other than as set out below. Personal data collected and processed by Prime Tennis may be shared with the following third parties, where necessary:
• Our sub contracted self employed coaches and volunteers, should they require, for the purposes of carrying out coaching related services for your direct benefit.
How long your information is kept
We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary for each purpose we use it. For most coaching data, this means we retain it for so long as you or your child is in attendance of a coaching course/activity and for a period of six years after your last interaction with us (for accounting, tax reporting and record-keeping purposes). Your rights Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. You can also withdraw your consent, where this is the basis for our processing your data (without affecting the lawfulness of our previous processing based on consent).
Steve Bauer: [email protected]
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk.