SHTC Booking Courts and Play Policy
• Courts may be booked for a period of either one or two hours, subject to availability.
• Some courts are allocated for coaching, no other court can be booked for coaching.
• If you need to cancel a booking, please update the booking sheet at your earliest opportunity.
• Members can bring a guest to play on a maximum of three occasions. The visiting guest fee is £5. The fee must be paid prior to play starting.
• From time to time the club may book tennis courts for social/members events.
• Courts cannot be booked during Family Afternoon and Club evenings.
Social Club Tennis
Wed from 6.30 pm, Sat & Sun from 3 pm
• Doubles play has priority over singles play on club social days/nights. Singles shall not be
• played when all courts are in use and other members are waiting.
• When you arrive, place your racket next to the main court gate indicating you are the next
• person available to play.
• Singles shall not be played when all courts are in use and other members are waiting. A
• made-up four has priority over singles play on any court.
• If your set reaches 6-6 and other members are waiting to play, then you should not play a
• tie break. If no one is waiting, playing a tie break is fine.
• When a member arrives to play, they have priority to go on the next available court ahead
• of those who have already played a set.
• After a set has been completed, players must leave the court and wait their turn for the next
• available court by placing their racquets along the fence near the main court entrance.
• Three or Two courts are used for SHTC Team home matches, these will be clearly marked on the booking sheets with appropriate notice.
Family / Junior Sunday Afternoon
• From 1 to 3 pm juniors (and parent members) have priority on court 1-2-3. Adults must move if juniors are waiting to play.