Committee Members for 2021/22
Ladies Captain: Sue Bates
Vice Captain: Pat Humphreys
Mens Captain: Ray Vanstone
Vice Captain: Mike Humphreys
Membership Secretary: Kath Brown
Committee Secretary: Pat Dale
The minutes of the Bowls Committee are displayed on the club notice board.
SPITAL BOWLING CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING Held at the Club House on 15th March, 2022
Present: Ray Vanstone, Kath Brown, Pat Dale, Pat Humphreys & Mike Humphreys. 1. Apologies: Sue Bates
2. Minutes: Taken as read
3. Matters Arising. Decorating of the pavilion has now been completed and Members are pleased with the results. Green Improvements; are now almost complete apart from low cut. These will then continue after the current season has ended. Shelters; Tamworth Borough Council need to give planning permission for these and want drawings etc. Ray Vanstone suggested pursuing this but erecting shelters once the season has finished.
4. Correspondence: Sue Bates left a note explaining that the Decorator took longer than first estimated. This was because of the brick construction of the cloakrooms. She also suggested selling surplus woods and recommencing provision of biscuits at the start of the season which the Committee agreed to. It was also agreed to increase match fees to 50p. However, it was felt that competition fees should remain the same. The calendar is now complete and the faulty thermostat has been replaced.
5. Fixtures: The list is now complete.
6. Website: New website has now been completed and is accessible.
7. Directors Meeting: New logo was discussed and 3-1 logo preferred.
8. Ray Vanstone has emailed information re. the AGM to members. The nomination form for roles within the Club to be sent to Pat Dale, Club Secretary by Friday, 18th March, 2022.
9. Any other Business: Need for proof of payment of subs was discussed and provision of tea after the AGM was agreed. Open Day is on 2nd April, 2022.
Meeting closed: 2 pm
Date of next meeting: 1.15 pm 19th April, 2022