General Hire Passes
Introduction - Invitation to Hire
Our Park Tennis venues are registered with the LTA & the General Hire pass will allow us to continue to meet safeguarding standards and ensure players can still access the Park Courts to play. We have coaching packages and a general hire pass available, per listed site: Churchfields, Coronation, Cricket Way, Long Ditton and Oatlands.
Applicants can apply for use of other Park Tennis sites as well, please send in an application with the venue listed. The General Hire pass covers filiming, organised group activities (paid or free, tennis or other) and non-tennis play activities like netball, PlayBall and competitions.
Weekly hours: maximum of 4 hours per week per site
No. of general hire courts: 1 court only per site unless written permission has been granted by the Council
Pass Length: by agreement for a set number of weeks or one-off event
Rental Fee: £5 per hour per court
How to apply: Please see further down the page
Tennis court usage:
The successful applicant will be entitled to the maximum number of court hours per week as outlined in their agreement with the Council. The applicant must leave one court free for public use at all times, unless prior written permission has been obtained from the Council. Subletting of court time will not be permitted.
The successful applicant will not be expected to deliver any court maintenance as this is delivered by the Council’s grounds maintenance contractors. However, we do expect assistance in keeping the courts clean and tidy (leaving no rubbish, reporting any damage, etc).
PlayBall are a third-party provider at Oatlands (Wednesdays am & pm) and Coronation recreation ground (Thursday mornings). Applicants are required to avoid lessons at the same time as PlayBall to leave a court free for the public. Timings can be provided on request.
Application and Key Dates:
We strongly recommend applicants read our full terms and conditions on our website before applying: https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/TennisInElmbridge/Coaching/HirePasses
How to Apply
To apply for a General Hire pass please email your application & the following required documents to [email protected]
- Applicants should only bid for venues where they wish to provide their services.
- An indication of which venue you are applying for.
- An indication of the pass you are applying for and the pass dates.
- Full details outlining the activity or coaching programme, including court hours.
- Proposed coaching timetable (if running a coaching acitivity)
- Coaches names to be included on the timetable for each session (if running a coaching activity).
- Venue risk assessment
- In-date insurance documents and completed Insurance Schedule, click here to download
- In-date coaching accreditation/license certificates for all members of the coaching team (if coaching an activity).
- Covid venue & player risk assessments (if applicable).
- Covid coach & player guidelines, which will be clearly communicated to players (if applicable).
- CV (if coaching an activity)
- References (if applicable)
- Completed Legal Declaration, click here to download
- Why should the Council work with you?
Important to note: The Council may ask for additional documents or statements to support or clarify your application
- By making an application, applicants are accepting the Council's outlined terms and conditions from our webpages and if successful includes the terms & KPI's listed in all agreements as well.
- General Hire Passes will be granted on a first come first served basis assuming the applicants meet all our terms.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Council’s Tennis Development Officer & another authorised member of the Council’s Leisure Services team.
- Successful applications will be notified by email and sent an agreement to sign before invoices are raised and court access is granted.
- The Leisure team will raise an invoice which will be sent out by the Council's payments team. Invoices will be raised and payable in advance or as agreed between the Council and the provider.
- To raise the invoice, successful applicants will need to provide the Council with the following on a company headed paper: company name, invoice address, email address, telephone number, VAT Reg number (if applicable), bank details & payment terms/days.
- It is at the Council’s discretion to grant the General Hire pass based on activity request, quality of application, impact with Parks Tennis members & impact with coaching providers.
Applications are to be submitted by email to [email protected] (any queries may also be sent to this email address).