Welcome to Woodland LTC
At last some good news, Woodland is set to re-open on Thursday, 14th May. Things will operate a little differently and we advise that all members should read the LTA guidelines before playing.
New Rules for Play:
- Only courts 1 and 3 will be available for play.
- You must book a court to play via the Clubspark website – you must not just turn up and play. You can also download an App called 'Clubspark Booker' which allows you to book a court using your smart phone
- Members can book up to 1.5 hour slot three times in a 7 day (rolling) period. They can book up to 14 days in advance.
- Sessions will last 1 hour 30 minutes and the first and last 15 minutes are there for you to enter and exit the Club safely
- Singles play is allowed with a member outside of your household.
- Doubles play can only occur if ALL players live in the same household.
- You must provide your own, marked tennis balls. *
- If a ball strays onto your court, return it using the foot and racket method.
- If you change ends then do so using opposite sides of the net – social distancing should be maintained at all times.
- One to one coaching is permitted.
Rules for Contamination Prevention:
The ladies’ changing room will be unlocked so that all members can access the toilet and hand washing facilities. The first aid kit will also be located here. Please follow these rules to minimise risk:
- Wash your hands thoroughly after arriving at the Club.
- The clubhouse will remain shut and all furniture made inaccessible.
- If you use the loo, clean and disinfect thoroughly after use – cleaning products and gloves will be supplied.
- Place paper towels and used gloves in the open bin – please bring your own towel until the Club can provide paper towels.
- Wash your hands before leaving the Club and on arriving home.
We are relying on members to be considerate and careful when using the facilities but members are ultimately responsible for themselves and their own safety.
If you have any of the symptoms associated with Coronavirus then you MUST NOT PLAY. If after playing you develop any symptoms, please let Annie or Nick know immediately.
If you have yet to pay your membership then you will be unable to book a court until you have done so. Payment can be made via the website and full subs still apply. The code for the gate will be the one that you were sent on re-joining. If you have any problem finding the code then please get in touch with Lucy.
We’re sure that if we all follow these simple rules then tennis can be enjoyed safely. We urge members to be patient as there will be issues that will need to be ironed out along the way. If you are not working at the moment, then we would also encourage you to play during working hours leaving the courts available in the evening for key workers and those back at work. As Government advice changes then these rules will be reviewed and we will notify you of any changes. Please check that your booking is live before you go to play as we reserve the right to alter and amend bookings if the need arises – this isn’t something that we envisage happening but in these strange times you never know!
Have fun and stay safe.
* Balls can be purchased from the Club for £4 a tin. If you require some then contact Annie and she will leave a tin with your name on it in the ladies’ changing room for you to collect. Payment will be collected at a later stage. You can get in touch via: email@example.com
How to find us
Woodland Road WESTON-SUPER-MARE Avon BS23 4HE