Mon, 01 Jun 2020 00:00
COVID-19 UPDATE DATED 1 June 2020
We are now able to play both singles and doubles! There are of course still some restrictions, so please read the following carefully....
- Both singles play and doubles play is now permitted with people from outside of your household, as long as you remain 2 metres apart as far as possible – meaning that four people from different households can now play doubles.
- Group coaching sessions can now also start, but are limited to groups of no more than 6 people, including the coach.
- Stay at least two metres away from other players (including during play, when taking breaks and before and after play).
- For doubles, consider agreeing in advance which player will take the shot if a ball travels to the centre of the court.
- For coached sessions, pay careful attention to the instructions of the coach.
- Hand hygiene is imperative - use alcohol gel to clean your hands after touching a shared surface.
- If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Players do not now need to use their own clearly marked tennis balls – however, if you choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you should clean your hands before play and immediately after finishing (use alcohol gel if required).
- Players should still avoid using their hands to pick up tennis balls from other courts where possible - use your racquet/foot to return them.
- Avoid using other equipment such as benches, net handles or score poles where possible.
- Be aware that on site toilet facilities will not be open.
- Where attendance of a parent/guardian (non-participant) is required, or a carer for a disabled player, it is permitted and is not counted as part of the maximum group size of six, but should be off court and limited to one per player where possible, with social distancing strictly observed while watching the sessions.
- Change ends at opposite sides of the net, or don't change ends.
- Courts MUST be booked. Please note COURT 2 is CLOSED and not to be used. This is to aid social distancing.
- Maintain the 2 metre social distancing rule. No handshakes, fist bumps, high fives, elbow knocks or kisses!!
- Follow hygiene guidelines.
- DO NOT PLAY if you are self isolating.
More news on limited group coaching will follow soon.
One to one coaching is permitted, so please contact Richard Barfoot on 07541 490608 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book a lesson. Obviously the above rules still apply, so please be sensible and abide by them.
We would recommend the use of disinfectant wipes to wipe down the gate handle, net winder etc. before and after use. A bottle of hand sanitiser would also be useful. Clean your hands before you touch the tennis balls, on and off during the match and after you have finished.
We know that this may seem like common sense, but safety and your heath are the most important things.
If you would like to talk to me to clarify any of the above please call 07778 568768.