Traditionally, we ran club/social play at weekends. Within broad parameters, members just had to attend and mix in. However, this arrangement has been abbreviated since the start of the pandemic so that, for some time, it has been confined to Saturday afternoons. Additionally due to requirements, it has to be restricted, organised and monitored in a certain way (see below for present arrangements).
New members are, of course, welcome to attend. It is desirable that they can hold a rally and have some knowledge of doubles play. New members who are "rusty" or reticent can always take advantage, if they wish, of a coaching session with our coach Sean Byrne - [email protected] or 07961 408333
Saturday Club play resumed on 3rd April 2021 and will continue every Saturday thereafter from 1-3pm. As mentioned above, these sessions will not be entirely “back to normal”. For social distance purposes, regrettably we will continue to limit the numbers attending. Bearing the above in mind, those wishing to attend Saturday club play should note the following:
1. 4 courts will be booked specifically for club play from 1pm to 3pm.
2. A limited number of players will be accepted for club play. To achieve certainty and to avoid disappointment, members wishing to attend, should book “places” by texting Gerry Bass on 07970241294.
3. The club has responsibilities for Track and Trace purposes and booking details will be kept for 21 days in case later required.
4. Please note that “booking” for a particular Saturday is accepted only from the conclusion of play on the previous Saturday.
Should any person require clarification on Club Play, please text or call Gerry Bass on the number as above.
Mens & Ladies Night
GLTC offers a Men's Night (Tuesdays 6-8pm) and a Ladies Night (Thursdays 6-8pm) for those members who want match play tennis.
At the start of the season team captains often use these sessions to give pairs who play in matches the opportunity to play together. All members are still welcome to attend.
In April, it is usual for our coach, Sean Byrne, to run a couple of sessions to give players some advice and practice for the season ahead. Such sessions are free of charge for all who attend.
Following LTA guidance, we have started Men’s and Ladies nights again from the first full week of April. The format will be different initially due to current restrictions and to continue social distancing, but we hope that things will ease as the season progresses and will keep you informed of any changes. We will be using the same process as used for social play in 2020, therefore:
1. Men’s night has started on Tuesday 6th April and Ladies night on Thursday 8thApril.
2. Courts will be booked specifically for these sessions from 6pm to 8pm. However, please note that one court will be left available for booking on each night for members who wish to arrange their own tennis.
3. A limited number of players will be accepted for play on each night. If you wish to attend please book a place by texting Jack Grummitt on 07707 881450 for Men’s night, or Jen Abbott on 07800 606989 for Ladies night. Please note that “booking” for any session (Tuesday or Thursday) is accepted only from the conclusion of the previous session.
4. The club is responsible for Track and Trace and booking details will be kept for 21 days in case later required.
Should any person require clarification on the above, please text or call the captains on the numbers above.