Court booking rules
Our court booking rules aim to help members get the most from playing at the club so the maximum number of members can play and enjoy the courts.
You can book courts as follows:
- Court bookings will be available in half hour slots for the hard and tiger turf courts only, the maximum bookable session will be three slots - 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Each member and group of players can only book and/or play on the tiger turf courts once per day. This means different players in the same group cannot make consecutive bookings for the tiger turf. You can however book a second session on the hard courts, or continue to play on the grass courts which will be unreserved. If any of the courts are unused, you can continue playing, however a subsequent booking by another group will take priority.
- Bookings can be made up to eight days ahead.
- You must enter your PIN code (see below) at the gate to gain access and confirm you have played. If, in a calendar month, a member makes two bookings but does not play or does not enter his PIN code in the gates, that member will forfeit the right to book for a subsequent calendar month.
- If you cancel a court more than 24 hours before the booking, there is no penalty. However, if you are unable to play at the last minute, please cancel your court booking so the court shows as available for others to use.
- If a court is available it can be booked with no notice.
- There is no maximum number of court bookings per member per week or month. However members are limited to one session per day on the tiger turf.
- When booking evening play, please make every effort not to leave an empty 30 minute slot at the end of the night nobody can use. We reserve the right to cancel bookings if necessary.
- Current tiger turf priorities continue, so if a team is playing or is scheduled to play on the hard courts and the surface is unsafe, the teams have priority on the tiger turf courts- whether or not anyone has booked.
- If you book coaching with Michael or Vedran, you may also book a tiger turf court (if it is available) for the coaching.
- Junior members under the age of 14 may only book the hard courts.
Your PIN code
When you book your court, you will receive a 4 digit PIN code on the website confirmation page and via email. Each member will receive their own unique PIN code that will be used for every booking they make on both the tiger turf and hard courts. This makes it easy to remember. The PIN code is valid from 5 minutes before to 5 minutes after your booking session has ended. Please make sure you enter your PIN code to accept your booking, even if the gate is already opened by another member.
The floodlights are automatic and operate on a schedule. If you are booking your court at a time that will require floodlights, there is nothing additional to do. If floodlights are required for your session, they will automatically turn on and off. If for any reason, you feel the lights are not operating early (or late) enough for acceptable play, please contact Bob Andreini so that we can review and adjust.
Currently, booking courts and floodlights are free to all members.
Questions or problems? Please contact email firstname.lastname@example.org or text/phone on 07931 094132.