Safe to Play Guidance
The Government Covid-19 rules may have changed, however we are still asking you to play your part in keeping everyone as safe as possible. Cautious - Hands - Space
- Important to note, the Play Tennis Pass and Pay & Play option are not for the delivery or receipt of any form of coaching services.
- Coaches are not permitted to coach on any of our Park Tennis sites without written permission from the Council.
- Be aware guidance can change and restrictions may be reintroduced at any time.
- Outdoor courts playability is subject to the weather conditions, take a common-sense approach and be sensible, if in doubt cancel & re-book another day.
- Players use the courts at their own risk and are asked to apply common sense in looking out for themselves and others at all times.
- For informal social play, group size is limited to a maximum of six people on the Park Tennis courts.
- When the touchtennis courts are open, please limit group sizes to 4 per court as they are smaller in size.
- Social distancing to be maintained before, during and after play for all activities and when in public spaces.
- Be cautious, wash your hands and make space.
No-one should leave home to participate in tennis if they, or someone they live with, has symptoms of COVID -19:
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste
Should an individual have demonstrated any such symptoms, they must follow NHS and PHE guidance on self-isolation
- Courts must be booked online prior to leaving the house, including adding all of the participants to the booking.
- Please note that to support NHS Test and Trace, venues and coaches may need to take additional details from you when booking so that they have appropriate temporary records in place to assist this service.
- Singles or Doubles is allowed.
- Please maintain social distancing at all times.
- Take hand sanitiser with you, remember to use immediately before & after touching the key pad.
- Use your own tennis equpiment where possible & clean all equpiment when you finish.
- Minimse what you take to the court, only taking what you need to play.
- Take all items home at the end of play.
- Do not leave rubbish, tennis balls or any other items on court, take them home.
- It is important to continue to wash your hands before play and after play.
- It is still advised that you wipe down your tennis equipment before & after use.
- Please arrive at your court booking start time.
- Please exit at the end of your booking time to allow buffering time between bookings.
- If you are late to your booking, this does not alter your end time unless you have altered it online.
- If players are still exiting your booked court please stand away from the court gate to maintain social distancing.
- If watching familiy members or friends play, please watch off court in a social distanced safe place.
- Please make every effort not to block gates, paths or benches which prevents people from being able to pass at a safe distance.
- Stay at least one metre away from other players (including during play, when taking breaks and before and after play).
- Do not make physical contact with other players (such as shaking hands or high five) use a racket high five instead.
- Hand hygiene is imperative - hand sanitise at intervals if you have to touch communal surfaces.
- If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve .
- Avoid touching your face.
- Do not play or attend any facilities if you showing symptoms of COVID-19 or self-isolating .
- Please cancel any bookings you then cannot use, even it is last minute.
Players are reminded once the touchtennis courts are open, to use common sense, remain cautious and to keep social distancing at all times. Elmbridge Borough Council reserve the ability to close the touchtennis courts at any time;
- If covid levels continue to rise,
- If Government or LTA rules change,
- If we need to introduce booking & limited access,
- If any type of risk assessment shows the area is not covid or playing safe,
- If the courts are crowded with people preventing the ability to social distance,
- If people are not using the area for the correct purpose &/or vandalising the facilities.
Elmbridge Borough Council reserves the right to close facilities if any of our Safe to Play measures or any of our terms are not respected or followed.
Be aware guidance can change and restrictions may be reintroduced - ensure you have checked the latest version of the LTA’s guidelines for tennis players on the LTA website. We will continue to update our guideance as required, please check the venue home pages for any specific information to that site.