Safe to Play Guidance
When temperatures increase, remember the five sun safety S's – slip, slop, slap, slide and shade
- slip on a t-shirt
- slop on sun cream with a protection factor of 30 or more
- slap on a wide brimmed hat
- slide on some quality sunglasses
- shade from the sun wherever possible
When temperatures drop, remember to stay warm and only play if it is safe to do so
- Dress in layers
- Adjust layers as required
- Keep moving and pace yourself
- Keep head, neck, hands and feet toasty
- Important to note, the Play Tennis Pass and Pay & Play option are not for the delivery or receipt of any form of coaching services.
- Coaches are not permitted to coach on any of our Park Tennis sites without written permission from the Council.
- Be aware guidance can change and restrictions may be reintroduced at any time.
- The Park Tennis courts are for recreational tennis play only.
- Outdoor courts playability is subject to the weather conditions, take a common-sense approach and be sensible, if in doubt cancel & re-book another day.
- Players use the courts at their own risk and are asked to apply common sense in looking out for themselves and others at all times.
- Check the weather forecast before booking, by clicking here.
- We recommend not using the courts if there is a yellow weather warning in place, re-book for another day as there is a possibility of disruption.
- Do not use the courts if there is a red or amber weather warning in place, re-book for another day as there is a possibility of significant disruption and dangerous conditions.
- For recreational tennis play, group size is limited to a maximum of six people on the Park Tennis courts.
- Social distancing should still be maintained before, during and after play for all activities and when in public spaces.
- Do not play tennis or attend any type of facility if you are showing symptoms of COVID-19, feeling unwell, tested positive or have been told to self-isolate.
- If you have covid or symptoms of covid you should stay at home & self-isolate to prevent the spread while you are infectious to others.
- Singles and Doubles play is allowed on the Park Tennis courts.
- Courts must be booked online prior to leaving the house, including adding all of the participants to the booking.
- The Play Tennis Pass and Pay & Play option are for recreational tennis play only, not the delivery or reciept of coaching or any other activity.
- We reccomend you still take hand sanitiser with you, remember to use immediately before & after touching the key pad.
- Use your own tennis equpiment where possible & clean all equpiment when you finish.
- Minimse what you take to the court, only taking what you need to play.
- Take all items home at the end of play, including any litter.
- Do not leave rubbish, tennis balls or any other items on court, take them home.
- Please arrive at your court booking start time.
- Please exit at the end of your booking time, do not stay on court.
- If you are early to your booking you do not have court rights until your booking time.
- If you are late to your booking, this does not alter your end time unless you have altered it online.
- If players are still exiting your booked court please stand away from the court gate to maintain social distancing.
- Please cancel any bookings you then cannot use, even it is last minute (Pay & Play refund window closes 1 hour before your start time).
- If watching, familiy members or friends play, please watch from an off court position.
- Please make every effort not to block gates, paths or benches which prevents people from being able to pass at a safe distance.
Elmbridge Borough Council reserves the right to close facilities if any of our Safe to Play measures or any of our terms are not respected or followed.
Be aware guidance can change and restrictions may be reintroduced. We will continue to update our guideance as required, please check the venue home pages for any specific information to that site.