July 13th - The Welsh Government have made adjustments to lockdown restrictions and based on their guidance, Tennis Wales & the LTA have developed a set of practical guidlines to follow so that tennis can be played in Wales subject to certain restrictions. Updated September 15th.
- All registered Places to Play in Wales need to nominate a Covid Responsible Person and inform Tennis Wales who this person is. Our Covid Responsible Person is David Foster/[email protected] Full details of David's role can be seen in the Return to Play guidance.
- It is now a legal requirement for face coverings to be worn indoors by staff, volunteers, officials, spectators, coaches & players (for players before and after tennis activity), unless there is a medical reason for not doing so.
- Our Risk Assessment should include clear protocols on how to manage any person who becomes symptomatic whilst at our venue.
Tennis Wales and the LTA outline adaptations so that tennis activity can be enjoyed in a way that is in line with Welsh Government advice and helps to prevent the spread of COVID-19. They include measures to limit hand to shared surface contact and minimise unnecessary interactions with others. The guidelines are accessible via the link below to the LTA’s dedicated coronavirus advice page, as well as via the Tennis Wales website. We encourage you to read (and follow) these guidelines carefully. Guidance for Tennis Venues, Coaches & Players in Wales
The health of our players, visitors, coaches and their families and friends continues to be paramount.
At the current time, the following regulations will apply at Cowbridge Tennis. These regulations may change at short notice.
* Both singles play and doubles play is now permitted with people from outside of your household as long as you remain 2 metres apart - meaning that four people from different households can play doubles.
* Group sessions (e.g. club nights), group coaching and competitions can take place for groups up 24 players. (Tennis Wales recommendation), as long as social distancing guidelines are adhered to.
* Update - All courts will be available now, and these will not have to be booked through the ClubSpark system but if the ClubSpark group booking feature is not used, a register of people who attend a session will have to be completed.
* Players must leave the courts 5 - 10 minutes prior to the end of their booking time to allow the safe transition of people leaving and entering the courts.
* Maintain social distancing (2m rule) at all times.
* Clubhouse will continue to be open in a limited way only. Face coverings to be worn indoors by coaches, members, players and visitors. Clubhouse door must always be kept open during organised events to improve ventilation.
* No shaking hands or physical contact with other players.
* Follow public health guidelines for hygiene.
* Do not play if you or anyone in your household is self isolating.
* Please bring anti-bacterial gel for personal use. Cleaning products are available for handles & equipment.
* Please take rubbish home with you as there will be no rubbish bins on site.
* Update - Use new tennis balls each time you play & only handle your own racket. A supply of new tennis balls will be available for £5 per tube. Players will be expected to pay using an honesty box.
* Avoid picking up tennis balls from other courts.
* Any individual displaying symptoms of Coronavirus should proceed to follow the test, trace, protect programme. Further information is available here.
* When booking a court, please pay for guest fees if the person you're playing with is not a member. This video shows you how to do this.
STAY SAFE AND ENJOY!