Radyr LTC is committed to prioritising the well-being of all children and adults at risk, promoting safeguarding in our club at all times, including all programmes and events we run. Our policies strive to minimise risk, deliver a positive tennis experience for everyone and respond appropriately to all safeguarding concerns/disclosures.
Our Welfare Officer is Louisa Hill and she is available to discuss any concerns you may have (firstname.lastname@example.org / 07818 426651) Louisa has been a member at Radyr LTC since 2013 and has been in the role of Welfare Officer since 2019. Louisa is married with 2 children (now young adults) who also play tennis and she works as an Independent Children’s Playground Inspector.
Radyr LTC operates a Safe and Inclusive Code of Conduct which we expect all to adhere to (Juniors, Adults, Parents and Coaches) (Link to Code of Conduct Poster)
• Prioritise the well-being of all children and adults at all times
• Be a positive role model. Act with integrity, even when no one is looking
• Help to create a safe and inclusive environment both on and off court and promote the Fair Play values: enjoy, respect
• Value and celebrate diversity and make all reasonable efforts to meet individual needs
• Keep clear boundaries between your professional and personal life, including on social media
• Check you have the relevant consent from parents/carers, children and adults before taking or using photos and videos
• Ensure your own roles and responsibilities, and those of everyone you are responsible for, are clearly outlined and everyone has the information, training and support to carry them out
• Where possible, do not be alone with a child or adult at risk
• Do not abuse, neglect, harm or discriminate against anyone; or act in a way that may be interpreted as such*
• Doing nothing is NOT an option: report all concerns and disclosures as soon as possible, following the Concern Reporting Procedure. If someone is in immediate danger, call the police (999).
The Code of Conduct should be interpreted in a spirit of integrity, transparency and common sense, with the best interests of children and adults at risk as the primary consideration.
*It is illegal to have a relationship with someone who is under 18 years old if you are in a position of trust; it is illegal to have a sexual relationship with anyone under the age of 16 whether they give consent or not.
Please refer to our welfare notice board in the clubhouse and the club website
https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/radyrlawntennisclub) for further information on safeguarding policies and procedures.
RLTC – Summary Statement – Safeguarding Policy
RLTC - Safeguarding and Whistleblowing Policy
RLTC – Diversity and Inclusion Policy
Photography and Recording Policy
Code of Practice for Working with Young People
RLTC – Social Media Policy
RLTC - Anti-Harrassment Policy
RLTC Anti-Bullying Policy
Welfare Officer – Role Description
Code of Conduct Poster
To Report a Concern to