How to find us
Kirkby Lonsdale TC
Queen Elizabeth School, Kirkby Lonsdale
Summer Playing Opportunities - 1st April 2023 to 31st August 2023
Kirkby Lonsdale Tennis Club has use of three courts on the astroturf at Queen Elizabeth School (QES) for Club Sessions.
The aim of the Club is to encourage people to play tennis. Some members prefer to
arrange games between themselves, but you may find you get more out of the club
if you join in with some of the sessions that we organise:
- A course of tennis coaching sessions with our local tennis coach, Max Shaw has been arranged from Monday, 17 th , 24 th April, 1 st , 15 th and 22 nd May.
- This will be open to everyone including those returning to tennis and those that want to develop and improve their tennis skills.
- The course is for 5 weeks and held in the Lunesdale Sports Centre from 7.00 – 8.00 pm for
£37.50. Further training sessions will be arranged from June onwards.
- Club night is open to all adult members and juniors from year 7 upwards, when supervised by their parent or guardian, with the emphasis on playing social tennis and encouraging all abilities.
- 6.00 pm – 8.00 pm
- Astroturf courts, QES School, Kirkby Lonsdale
- Club play 11 am – 1 pm
- Astroturf courts, QES School, Kirkby Lonsdale.
- All members are welcome
- We have a Mens and a Mixed Team in the Kendal District League this year and a Ladies and Mixed Team in the Lancaster League. Please indicate on the application form if you wish to play in any of these teams.
- The team captains are:
Kendal District League Mens – John Lowery
Kendal District League Mixed – Georgie Martindale
Lancaster League Ladies – Jo Lowery
Lancaster League Mixed – Lynn Glaves
- The matches are held on different evenings in the week, to be there for 6.15pm for a 6.30 pm start.
- Home matches will be held on the outdoor astro turf courts. To meet at 6.00pm to put the nets in place.
Winter Tennis – 1st September 2023 to 31st March 2024
Indoor and Outdoor Tennis
- Club night in the Lunesdale Sports Hall, booked sessions with further details to follow.
- Two sessions from 5.45 – 7.45 pm and 7.45 – 9.15 pm. Slots are allocated to members based on availability
- In partnership with Austwick Tennis Club, Kirkby Lonsdale has also entered a team to the Veteran Teams League (Over 40 yrs)
- The matches are held at 1pm from September to March with home games played at Austwick Tennis Club on Wednesdays. For further details contact Jo Lowery.
- Indoor Tennis Sessions 2.00 pm – 4.00 pm. Slots are allocated to members based on availability
- Outdoor Courts (floodlit) 3.00 – 5.00 pm
- All members are welcome
Other times for outdoor play
- For people wanting to play outside these times, then use the Outdoor courts, subject to availability. The courts will be locked during school holidays. The courts have a key operated padlock, the key is in the ‘key safe’ attached to the large blue metal ball store just outside the courts (code shared with members). Please return the key after the session, locking both the ball store and key safe.
- Courts are available, during term time after 6.00 pm, at weekends and during school holidays, subject to availability.
- For insurance purposes, only paid-up members may use the courts.
- Junior members must be supervised by their parent or guardian at all times.
The club is fortunate to have the services of LTA Club Coach, Jon Griffin, and his team of coaches who operate in the South Lakes area. For details of the range of courses on offer and individual coaching opportunities, keep an eye on the notice board or ring Jon on 077721 067581.
See Information for more details.