Tennis Leicestershire Mini League Tournament Supervisor Job Vacancy
Tue, 23 Jan 2018 00:00
Tennis Leicestershire Mini League Tournament Supervisor
Tennis Leicestershire run a number of mini Red and Orange league events throughout the year. Matches are hosted at either Loughborough University Tennis Centre or Leicester Grammar School. Teams turn up from all over the County to play their league matches at one venue. The role will start in the Summer league Season April/May 2018.
A supervisor is required for each event to:-
- Ensure all teams are aware of schedule in advance.
- Equipment is available on the match day (balls, lines, score sheets etc)
- Ensure teams are informed of any withdrawals.
- Organise assistants in advance to help as required.
- On the day of event, arrive early and set up courts.
- Help new Parents to understand how to score matches.
- Ensure matches are played in good time and there is a smooth transition between rounds.
All matches are played on a Saturday or Sunday. The ideal candidate does not need to be a qualified referee but should
- Be aged 16 years or over and have an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Have a very good understanding of Mini Tennis
- Be organised and able to talk to young players and parents
- Ensure all events to run smoothly and players to enjoy the experience
- Ideally have completed a competition Organiser course, Tennis Leadership Programme or Sports Leadership programme.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to develop a career in tennis or gain organisational experience. The right candidate will receive £90 a day which includes payment for any administration undertaken between events. Approximately 15 days per year. Opportunities for addition training is available as well.
Applicants will be asked for an interview and to get involved in helping with the mini league event on either the 17th or 18th Feb.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to train with the current organiser on the following dates; 4th March (mini Red) and 18th March (orange).
For further information and application form contact Kate De Fraja, Administrator for Tennis Leicestershire email@example.com 01509 606867 or follow the link below.
Closing date for applications is Friday 2nd February 2018