Coaching and Courses - Play Safe & Stay Safe @ HTC
The HTC Coaching Team comprises of:
- Head Coach (LTA Level 3 qualified) - Blaise Baheten-Metock
- Assistant Coaches (LTA Level 1 qualified) - Rob O'Loughlin, Clem Birkby, Julie Burton
- Coaching Welfare Assistant - Penny Forbes-Russell
- Tennis Leaders: Dan Meddows-Taylor, Jack Meddows-Taylor, Izi Henderson, Samuel Baheten, Jabez Baheten, Clemmie Boyd, Ivi Leale, Ned Birkby, Keigo Norito, Finlay Moore, Alfie Boyd, Monty Boyd, Clara White
Blaise has worked in the industry for many years and is an experienced tennis coach. He has led coaching programs in different countries including France and the Republic of Ireland as well as England. A successful ex player Blaise was a junior representative of Cameroon in ITF junior competitions in Africa and has won multiple tournaments both in France and Cameroon as a junior and senior player. Blaise is interested in all sports. He enjoys nature and travel and is fluent in French. His coaching qualifications are updated annually, they include:
- Level 3 Coaching Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- DBS Certificate
- Safeguarding and Protection training
All Coaching Team qualifications and certificates are updated regularly and recent training has included:
2023 - new Coaching Welfare Assistant appointed
2022 - two new LTA Level 1 coaches join the team
2021 - all the team updated their Welfare & Safeguarding training
Coached Courses & Club Sessions
- Our Saturday Drills & Skills sessions offer a turn-up and play fun session for mini-tots through to adults every Saturday in term time. See the Adult and Junior coaching sub-pages for more details.
- We offer weekly coach-led squads for Minis, Juniors, Adults and Seniors which are detailed below. For further information including costs, availability and dates please click on one of the main headings in bold blue below.
- Organised club sessions for members only on weekdays and weekends are detailed on the subpages above.
- We welcome non-members to join our courses but request that you register with ClubSpark to become a 'contact' of Haddenham Tennis Club. (ClubSpark runs the new HTC website and venue management system which has been designed for tennis clubs on behalf of the LTA.) Once you select a course that you wish to enrol in, the registration form will automatically appear, enter your contact details and the course booking form will be available for you. Please note that we require Parent/Guardian contact details for all under 18's.
- Payment for coached courses is via Stripe a credit card payment collection company, they do not store any personal details and are endorsed by the LTA. Please email the club if you have any queries.
- All coached courses are subject to a minimum number of participants for the course to be viable. If there is a possibility that the session will not run we will give as much notice as possible. If there is no suitable alternative session a refund will be made.
- Play Safe & Stay Safe @ HTC - it is the aim of the coaching team at HTC that all sessions are safe, accessible, enjoyable and welcoming. Should you have any concerns please contact our welfare and safeguarding officers at email@example.com
- If you have any general queries on coaching please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07557 522675
British Tennis Membership:
We would like all Minis and Juniors (aged 4-18) to obtain a British Tennis Member number. This is an LTA initiative and enables children to record match results played at Haddenham or other clubs and is required for team events and matches when representing HTC. Affiliation as a junior member of the LTA is free of charge and very easy to do. use this link here
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOUR CHILD HAS A MEDICAL CONDITION THAT WE NEED TO BE AWARE OF OR REQUIRES SPECIFIC ATTENTION YOU SHOULD ENTER SIMPLE DETAILS IN THE SPACE PROVIDED ON THE ENROLMENT FORM EVERY TIME ENROLMENT OCCURS (THIS INFORMATION IS NOT RETAINED) SO THAT OUR COACHING TEAM ARE FULLY INFORMED.
IT IS ALSO ADVISABLE TO SPEAK WITH THE HEAD COACH ON YOUR CHILD'S FIRST DAY OF ATTENDANCE TO CHECK THAT ALL IS FULLY NOTED AND UNDERSTOOD.