Court Booking Terms & Conditions of Use
Terms & Conditions are subject to change at any time at the discretion of South Petherton Tennis Club
1. Public use of courts – “Pay and Play”
- South Petherton Tennis Club does not accept any liability for non-members being present on these courts for any reason
- Users are expected to follow all current Covid-19 guidelines as set out by the Government
- If you or anyone in your family is unwell or self-isolating, then you MUST NOT attend the courts under any circumstance.
- Maximum of 4 players per booking
- Use of the courts is at your own risk
- Under-16s must be supervised by at least one adult at all times when using the courts
- South Petherton Tennis Club accept no responsibility or liability for injury or loss during use of the courts or other facilities
- Ensure the gate is closed and the padlock is locked when you leave the courts
- You must book a court online before you play and cancel any unwanted bookings online
- One court can be booked for one hour at a cost of £6.00 per hour. This must booked online through the clubspark system and a PIN code will be issued unique to that hour of play
- Payments can only be received online
- You can book 1 hours worth of court use per day, up to a maximum of 5 bookings per week. Bookings can be made up to 7 days in advance
- Cancellations made more than 24hr ahead of the booked time will be automatically refunded. Cancellations after this time will be refunded at the discretion of the club
- South Petherton Tennis Club reserves the right to pre-book the courts for coaching and special events at its discretion, even when courts had previously been booked by others
- South Petherton Tennis Club reserves the right to close the courts at their discretion (notice will be given in advance where at all possible) for any court maintenance (e.g. Court Cleaning, Fence Repairs)
- In the event of bad weather/adverse playing conditions users should do there upmost to cancel the booking
- If the weather is unexpectedly adverse (it was not forecast) and therefore the cancellation is within 24hrs of the booked time, the club may refund the booking fee at its discretion. Contact via the email below in these circumstances
- If a court is booked in the evening, and poor light stops play, the club is not liable to provide a refund for any lost playing time within the booking
2. Court Rules
- Maximum 4 players per any one court.
- To adjust the net to the correct height, use the wooden measure hung on the clubhouse front and wind net to the height of the measure. Replace measure after use
- When finished, please wind down the net and lift from the ground using the bungee cords
- Users should comply with the principles of Respect and Fair Play, both on and off the Courts, and adhere to the Court Ettiquette rules
- Users should wear appropriate sports clothing and footwear when on court. No marking soles
- No ball games other than tennis to be played on the courts
- No music can be played on courts
- Smoking, chewing gum and glass containers are not permitted within the court boundaries
- Close the gate while on the courts, and keep personal belongings in a safe area near your court
- Take off the court everything you take on – including all balls and general litter (bins can be found next to the car park)
- Users play tennis at their own risk and are asked to apply common sense in looking out for themselves and other users at all times
- Ensure you close the Court gate properly when you leave, and re-lock the padlock
- No person may coach others for financial gain on any Court without the prior approval of South Petherton Tennis Club
- Report any damage to the club via the email below
3. Right to Play
- You must book a Court online before playing. Please bring booking confirmation with you
- If there are any problems please use contact details below
- In event of dispute the person whose name appears on the booking sheet will take precedence
- Members at South Petherton Tennis Club reserve the right to ask any person they feel is misusing or behaving in an anti-social manner to leave the tennis courts
- Should you have a problem or complaint at any time or need to contact us please email [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
When the Courts are open?
The Courts are open for public use from 08:00 to dusk, due to the floodlights not being available for public use. Some courts may be booked for coaching, club activity or events, these will be shown on the booking form.
THERE ARE NO TOILET FACILITIES
Do I have to be a resident of South Petherton to use the courts or join the club?
No, anyone can book a court using Pay & Play, or join our membership. Visit our website for membership details.
I only want to play once or twice, what can I do?
We offer pay to play Tennis charged at £6.00 per hour per court. Simply register, book and pay for your court hour and enter the access code detailed on your confirmation email at the gate.
Is coaching available?
Coaching is available, see our website for coaching details.
Can I hire equipment?
Unfortunately we do not offer that facility at this current time.
How do I cancel a booking?
You can cancel your booking online. Out of courtesy please cancel as soon as you know so others can play.
If I see damage to the courts or anti-social behaviour who should I tell?
If you notice the courts are damaged or unsafe please contact us on [email protected].
If you witness anti-social behaviour on courts from users that is not in keeping with those set out in the terms and conditions, please also report to [email protected] so this can be addressed and appropriate action taken.
If you see a problem with anti-social behaviour that requires immediate attention then please call 101 or in an emergency situation please call 999.