Covid 19 Support
There is a lot of information available for players, coaches, and venues on the LTA website and further information for businesses and individuals on Government websites. Below you will find a list of the main sites which should be help answer any queries you may have.
We will also be adding information below about competitions which have either been cancelled or postponed.
Please find a summary of the main competitions involving Leicestershire Tennis that is likely to be next updated after the LTA Competitions Committee meet on June 26th and in line with Government advice :
- LTA National Adults County / Regional - all tiers cancelled
- LTA National Junior / Mini - all tiers cancelled
- Leicestershire County Summer Doubles Leagues - postponed until at least 26th July
- includes Mercury Cup
- County 40's / County 60's now cancelled
- Leicestershire Tennis Festival 2020 has regrettably been cancelled but will return in 2021 from Saturday 24th July – Sunday 1st August..
Stay safe, keep fit and keep playing!
We hope you find what you are looking for below. However if you have any queries please email the County Administrator on [email protected]
To access support from our Legal & Tax helpline partners, Brabners who have comprehensive details of all support packages available, call 03330 433 232 and quote your LTA Registration or Coach Accreditation number.
LTA Support package for Tennis
LTA Covid-19 support package details
Advice for Venues and Coaches
- General Advice https://www.lta.org.uk/coronavirus
- Venues: https://www.lta.org.uk/workforce-venues/tennis-venue-support
- Coaches: https://www.lta.org.uk/workforce-venues/coach-teach/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-coaches/
- Link to Government Assistance for Businesses and the self-employed: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/covid-19-support-for-businesses
Link to Guidance for the self employed
Please note self employed need to submit their tax returns for 2018/19 by 23rd April at latest to qualify.
Update to the above scheme
Corona Virus Self Emloyment Income Support Scheme
If you’re eligible and your business has been adversely affected you must make your claim for the first grant on or before 13 July 2020.
This scheme is being extended. If you’re eligible for the second and final grant, and your business has been adversely affected on or after 14 July 2020 you’ll be able to make a claim from 17 August 2020. You can make a claim for the second grant if you’re eligible, even if you did not make a claim for the first grant. Find out more about the extension to the scheme.
For Full details follow the link below,
Other useful links
Latest Coronavirus Guide for Employers - From HR:4UK a Hinckley based HR company.
For a step by step guide to the Government Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
Please see link below to financial support available for clubs from Sport England.
Business Gateway Growth Hub – you can access key links to government information as well as FREE Business Advice to help you through the current situation. The business advisers are trained and experienced and can provide virtual sessions or sessions over the phone. Please approach them direct via the link above.
Job Retention Scheme - How to claim 80% of your employees’ wages - this is open to part time workers and those on Zero hours contracts. Check out the link below.
Information for the Self-employed - links to the latest info
The above links are provided on the basis of trying to point Clubs and Individuals to potentially useful help and advice. No liability for any such help and advice can be accepted by Tennis Leicestershire. If you require further help please speak with your professional advisors.