County Coaching Scholarships
County Coaching Scholarship
As part of Tennis Leicestershire’s desire to increase the number of players who progress to play at a county, regional and national level we recognise the critical role played by coaches in venues across the county.
The scholarships are aimed at supporting and motivating coaches within the county to develop their skills and enable them to bring through more players to a higher level of performance play in county teams. The amount of the scholarship will depend on the level of qualification the applicant wishes to gain.
This will be done in a number of ways:
- Coaches to deliver as part of the mini red county training programme (monthly) for the duration of the scholarship (2 years)
- To work alongside Senior County Coaches in a paid role as a junior coach at weekly county training for the duration of the scholarship (2 years).
- Financial support towards next level qualification Level 4/5 (possibly Level 3 in exceptional circumstances)
- Be a part of the coaching team with regional camps supporting LTA Performance Team
- Become one of the age group county captains at County cup and 12 counties (in a paid role).
- Support from a county coach to help with individual support for the coach and identified player.
- Level 3 Coach currently delivering within a broad junior coaching programme and about to apply for the next level of coaching qualification
- Evidence of continuing Personal development in the area of higher level performance and technical skills
- Evidence of seeking to broaden experience through involvement in County/ Regional level activities.
- Evidence of coaching individuals/ groups to compete on a regular basis.
The application form below to be completed and returned to [email protected]
There will be an interview as part of the application process.