Fri, 15 May 2020 00:00
Good news! The Braithwaite courts are now available for restricted play. Please follow the guidelines below. In order to play you have to book a court, free of charge, via the website and then you will be given the code to open the padlock. Hand sanitiser is provided on court, it is liquid so please replace the bottle upright with the cap closed after use. Please follow the guidelines below and stay safe. The guidelines and safety instructions are also on the entrance to both courts.
Guidelines/ Rules for restricted tennis play from 14th May 2020 on the Braithwaite courts.
• The clubhouse is currently closed.
• Members please book courts online in advance. Max of 2 hours at a time.
• One green court will be available and the blue court.
• Please bring your own equipment - rackets, balls, water bottle, food and do not share these items. Please label your balls. Please wipe down your equipment before and after use.
• Please follow social distancing guidelines to maintain a distance of 2m between individuals from a different household at all times.
• Please wash your hands for at least 20 secs with soap and water before leaving for the courts and as soon as you get home.
• Please use the hand sanitiser inside the court on arrival and on departure.
• Please do not alter the tennis nets at all.
• Please ensure you have left the court 5 mins before the next booking to avoid contact with others and please maintain social distancing in the carpark too.
• Please read the LTA current Covid-19 guidelines which have been circulated to all members. https://www.lta.org.uk/about-us/tennis-news/news-and-opinion/general-news/2020/march/coronavirus-covid-19---latest-advice/
We will keep you updated with changes as the guidelines will be reviewed over the coming weeks.
Any questions please do contact Julie or Dougal.
Please stay safe and enjoy your tennis.
Keswick and Braithwaite tennis club committee.
Two grass courts at Keswick (Fitz Park) now also open for play (members only at the moment). Please avoid on wet days to prevent damage to the surface. Please see guidance above which applies to the grass courts too. However, please also note the following differences:
- Courts 1 and 3 are available for singles and doubles play.
- Please bring your OWN hand sanitiser to use on court.
(picture taken from publicdomain.net)