Tennis Club Auction October 2016
Thu, 01 Feb 2018 00:00
This was planned as a serious fund-raising event with a target of £3000. It relied on the help and support of members to sell tickets to friends, family and the wider community and to get a great range of “Lots” to be auctioned.
Did we do it? We certainly did! We made a stunning £4900!
The format was the same as a few years previously when Sarah Quinlan and Jane Farrell had run a similarly successful auction. I am so glad that Sarah helped and supported me with the whole organisation and Jane was once again a very effective auctioneer. Huge thanks to Sarah Rollo in particular who spent the entire day at the Millennium Hall cooking two types of chilli which were absolutely delicious. It would be foolish to try to list all the people who helped but enough to say a Big Thank You to everyone for making it such a great evening both financially and socially.
If you look at the selection of Lots below you can se what amazing support we had from our local community.
Selection of the Lots that were on offer…….
- Private hire of Coastal Voyager for 12 people
- Two tickets for Les Miserables with interval champagne 4 beach huts for rent
- A chair from Novoboats DBB at The Swan or The Crown
- 2 Wimbledon 2017 ground passes and guest seats to see Martina Navratilova (will be one day in 2nd week)
- Southwold Golf Club 4 ball voucher Lunch at Sutherland House
- Weekend (Fri – Mon) hire of top of the range Honda £125 Head tennis racket voucher
- Towelling bath robes ( to have names embroidered)
- Gardening …… House/pet sit …. Massage …. Osteo consultation … 1hour family photo shoot
- Golf lesson …. 5 x tennis lessons ….. singing lessons ….. coaching for an interview
And believe it or not … lots lots more!!!
50 plus lots in all.