Doubles and Small Group Coaching to Return
Tue, 02 Jun 2020 00:00
Under the new government and LTA guidelines Roundwood is able to reinstroduce playing doubles and small group coaching again. Please read below to see the ammended guidelines.
ROUNDWOOD LAWN TENNIS CLUB CORONAVIRUS BACK TO TENNIS PLAYING RULES:
Please do not abuse your booking time, make sure that you only stay for YOUR HOUR and remove yourselves promptly when that HOUR is over to prevent coming into contact with other unnecessarily. Furthermore please read the guidelines below:
General Guidelines for Social Distancing
You must stay at home if you:
- Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Have been overseas or exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Have flu-like symptoms or are feeling unwell.
- Check with your GP prior to playing if you are in a high-risk health category.
To protect against infection:
- Keep 2 metres away from other people at all times and from anyone who is obviously sick.
- Do not share food, towels and drinks or any other equipment.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or hand-sanitiser when available, before and after eating, sneezing and coughing.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes and dispose of any used tissue in your own bag and bring it home with you.
- Avoid touching your face.
Before You Play:
- Carefully arranged and managed social activity can take place for groups of no more than 6 people during this phase of the reopening. This means that doubles play and group coaching will now be permitted.
- Arrival to the club should be within a MAXIMUM of 10 minutes to your booking and leave courts promptly when your time elapses within a MAXIMUM of 10 minutes. These timings will ensure social distancing guidelines are adhered to.
- Players should arrive ready to play. There will still be no access to the clubhouse or toilet facilities during your time at the club. This may change at a later phase.
- Players should, ideally, bring a small bottle of hand sanitizer with them and keep it in their pocket of bag for use. An alternative option is to take a flask of warm water/washing up liquid.
- A parent/guardian must accompany any player under 18 years.
- Currently there are no plans to restart ‘turn up and play’ club sessions during this phase.
Booking a Court:
- All 3 courts are now fully operational.
- Court bookings will be made for 1 hour slots only with 15 minute intervals between bookings.
- In order to book an hours slot you will be required to select 4, 15 minute slots on the booking sheet.
- Bookings can be made up to 7 days in advance and you will be restricted to one hour per day.
- You will be required to sign up as a LTA member to use Clubspark. Many of you have already used Clubspark for previous Wimbledon ticket and GBTW bookings.
- During this phase bookings can be made by members only.
- Guests and non-member family player(s) will be asked to pay a £5 per hour per court fee. This payment for guests will mainly be done through trust in the integrity of our members – the bookings will be monitored by Committee members to make sure there is no repeated ‘playing without paying’ activity.
Attending Tennis Activities:
- There will be combination locks to the car park access gate and the court gate. The combination codes will be given to members in their order confirmation once booked. These will be changed on a regular basis. Please consider taking wipes and / or a flask of warm water/washing up liquid to clean these surfaces before and after touching them. Wearing surgical gloves to avoid surface contamination is recommended.
- There will be a First Aid kit courtside. If any of the contents are used, please inform a committee member so they can be replaced.
- Avoid touching surfaces where possible and sanitise your hands as soon as possible if you do.
- Change ends at opposite sides of the net. If this is not possible then do not change ends.
- Players do not now need to use their own clearly marked tennis balls – however, if you choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you should clean your hands before play and immediately after finishing (use alcohol gel if required).
- Players should still avoid using their hands to pick up tennis balls from other courts where possible - use your racquet/foot to return them.
- Remain apart from other players when taking a break.
- Players must refrain from handshakes and high fives.
When Play Finishes:
- Once play has finished players should leave the club promptly when your time elapses within a MAXIMUM of 10 minutes. These timings will ensure social distancing guidelines are adhered to.
- Hands should be washed and sanitised as soon as possible.
- Ensure equipment is wiped down with wipes thoroughly after use.
- Lock the gates behind you and wipe down the locks afterwards.
- Make sure that you take all your belongings with you and lock the gates on your departure.
- The Roundwood committe will take a strong stance to abuse of club and government guidelines including suspension or termination of membership.
The Roundwood committe will take a strong stance to abuse of club and government guidelines including suspension or termination of membership.
Roundwood Lawn Tennis Club & Pauls Sports and Social Club Ltd cannot be held responsible for any issues that may occur with reference to COVID-19 or other health matters during any time spent at Roundwood Lawn Tennis Club & Pauls Sports and Social Club Ltd.
The Committee at Roundwood Tennis Club would like to thank you for your support in the past and for the future. We will review progress regularly and we are all looking forward to resuming full tennis activities as soon as the government and LTA guidelines allow.