Social and Competitive Tennis
Kegworth Tennis Club offers a range of opportunities to play tennis, socially or competitively.
Year round the courts are generally free for members to organise their own social tennis. The exceptions are:
- home matches and tournaments (which are both posted here and on the pavilion door),
- year round social tennis on Wednesday morning from 9.30am till noon (2 courts),
- term time junior coaching on Saturday morning from 9am till 12 noon,
- junior club night on Monday 5pm till 7pm (term time + summer holidays)
- summer senior club night on Tuesdays 5.30pm onwards
- winter match practice on Thursday nights from 7pm till 8.30pm.
Social tennis from 09.30 till 12 noon.
(phone Helen Collington 01509 672842 for more details).
Senior Club night
Club night on Tuesdays from 5.30pm
These mix-in evenings are available all year round as the floodlights can be used. There is a nominal charge of £1 to cover the cost of balls.
Junior club night
Club night from Mondays from 5pm till 7pm. Only for club memnbers.
There is a nominal charge of £3. It is supervised by an Inside out Tennis Coach. Book a place (£3) on the coaching page.
The club fields one ladies, three men’s and two mixed teams in the Leicestershire Doubles Summer league and two men's and one ladies team in the winter league. The club aims to ensure that all members willing to play in the league matches do get the chance to play.. To be eligible to play in the county league matches you have to be a fully paid up member of Kegworth Tennis Club and hold a BTM number.
The team captains for the 2020 summer doubles league asre given below. But all matches were cancelled becuase of COVID-19.
Ladies I Team – Vicky Bond and Jane Morton
Mens I Team – Nigel Aldabass
Mens II Team – John Matterson
Mens III team – Murray Frew
Mixed Doubles I team Jane Morton and Nigel Aldabass
Mixed Doubles II Team Linda Illingworth
For the winter doubles the captains are:
Mens 1 Team John Matterson
Mens 2 Team Murray Frew
Ladies I Team Jane Morton and Vicky Bond.