Our Development Plan
Newmarket Tennis Club has been serving the local community since 1948. In 2017 a new volunteer Management Team was formed with a commitment to develop the club into becoming a premier club within the region. Since 2017 the following actions and projects have been completed according to the team's development plan:
- an £80,000 investment from grants, sponsorships and individual donations to replace the old acrylic courts 4, 5 and 6 with the latest competition-standard synthetic clay surfaces.
- replace the halogen floodlights on courts 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 with LED lighting;
- repainting and renewing the surface on macadam courts 1, 2 and 3;
- renovation of the dilapidated court 7 by replacing the playing surface and renewing the surrounding fencing;
- tasking the Head Coach Bruce Tarran, who is an LTA Level 5 Performance Coach, to develop and lead new coaching programs for both adults and juniors;
- redecoration of the clubhouse inside and out, including toilets and changing rooms;
- more teams being formed and entered in local leagues;
- more club social events being organised.
Further key projects and targets in the development plan are:
- replace our winter Air Hall ("Bubble");
- increase the membership from current 300 to 500+.
NLTC offers Sponsorship packages to businesses who would like to support the club in the continuation of its development plan.
Click on the Packages tab on this page to see the sponsorship packages available. Click on the Executive, and Banner tabs on this page to see our current sponsors and visit their websites.
For further information please contact Phil Eaves at email [email protected] or phone 07917 077300.
Our recent synthetic clay courts project was generously supported by individual Club Patrons.
Click on the Patrons tab on this page to see their names.
You may make a personal donation to support our ongoing development plan via our GoFundMe page.
Click on the Donations tab on this page.
Any amount, small or large, will be greatly appreciated.