Club Play & Coaching to Return
Fri, 17 Jul 2020 00:00
Roundwood are pleased to announce they we will be able to allow club play to resume alongside larger groups of Junior Coaching sessions. This therefore means that we will be able to resume with our Junior Coaching regimes. Please read the current guidelines below:
ROUNDWOOD LAWN TENNIS CLUB CORONAVIRUS BACK TO TENNIS PLAYING RULES:
Please note that access to the clubhouse is strictly prohibited. There is to be no unauthorised access.
As a player please also read the following Player LTA Guidelines.
Please do not abuse your booking time, make sure that you only stay for YOUR 90 Minutes and remove yourselves promptly when your 90 minutes is over to prevent coming into contact with other unnecessarily. Furthermore please read the guidelines below:
General Guidelines for Social Distancing:
You must stay at home if you:
- Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Have been overseas or exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Have flu-like symptoms or are feeling unwell
- Check with your GP prior to playing if you are in a high-risk health category
To protect against infection:
- Keep 2 metres away from other people at all times and from anyone who is obviously sick
- Do not share food, towels and drinks or any other equipment
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or hand-sanitiser when available, before and after eating, sneezing and coughing
- Cover your coughs and sneezes and dispose of any used tissue in your own bag and bring it home with you.
- Avoid touching your face
Booking and Playing Rules:
- Pre book your court online at https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/roundwoodtennis
- Bookings can be made up to 7 days in advance. Players are now able to book court times for a maximum of 90 minutes
- Bookings can be made by members only. You will be required to sign up as a LTA member to use Clubspark.
- Guests and non-member family player(s) will be asked to pay a £5 per session per court fee. This payment for guests will mainly be done through trust in the integrity of our members – the bookings will be monitored by Committee members to make sure there is no repeated ‘playing without paying’ activity
- The buffer periods have been removed from the booking system. Please avoid arriving for your allocated slot too early and leave courts promptly when your time elapses
Carefully arranged and managed social activity can take place for groups. Club Play is now permitted for Adults and Juniors – participants will need to register before attending sessions via the website. The lists of attendees will be kept for 21 days – this is in line with Government track and trace guidelines.
If you are planning to come to a club play session please register online beforehand – this is a requirement for track and trace procedures
Adult Club Play: https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/roundwoodtennis/Events
Junior Club Play: https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/roundwoodtennis/Coaching
- Coaching group size has now been increased to 5 plus coach (Adults) and 15 plus coach (Juniors).
- Players should arrive ready to play. The clubhouse will remain closed during this phase.
- Players should, ideally, bring a small bottle of hand sanitizer with them and keep it in their pocket of bag for use. An alternative option is to take a flask of warm water/washing up liquid.
- A parent/guardian must accompany any player under 18 years.
Attending Tennis Activities:
- There will be combination locks to the car park access gate and the court gate. The combination codes will be given to members. These will be changed on a regular basis. Please consider taking wipes and / or a flask of warm water/washing up liquid to clean these surfaces before and after touching them. Wearing surgical gloves to avoid surface contamination is recommended.
- There will be a First Aid kit courtside. If any of the contents are used, please inform a committee member so they can be replaced.
- Avoid touching surfaces where possible and sanitise your hands as soon as possible if you do.
- Change ends at opposite sides of the net. If this is not possible then do not change ends
- Players do not now need to use their own clearly marked tennis balls – however, if you choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you should clean your hands before play and immediately after finishing (use alcohol gel if required)
- Players should still avoid using their hands to pick up tennis balls from other courts where possible - use your racquet/foot to return them
When Play Finishes:.
- Hands should be washed and sanitised as soon as possible,
- Ensure equipment is wiped down with wipes thoroughly after use.
- Lock the gates behind you and wipe down the locks afterwards.
- Make sure that you take all your belongings with you and lock the gates on your departure.
Members should be encouraged to remind other members of the guidelines, in a polite way, when they witness poor practices. Repeated poor practice should be reported to the committee.
THE ROUNDWOOD COMMITTEE WILL TAKE A STRONG STANCE TO ABUSE OF CLUB AND GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES INCLUDING SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
Roundwood Lawn Tennis Club and Pauls Sports & Social Club Ltd cannot be held responsible for any issues that may occur with reference to COVID-19 or other health matters during any time spent at Roundwood Lawn Tennis Club and Pauls Sports & Social Club Ltd
The Committee at Roundwood Tennis Club would like to thank you for your support in the past and for the future. We will review progress regularly to make sure we are playing tennis in a safe environment as possible following government and LTA guidelines.
Roundwood Tennis Club Committee